Free School Meals
Is My Child Eligible for Free School Meals?
Children whose parents are in receipt of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
Applications are made via Devon County Council. For more information or for assistance, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Education Helpline on 0345 155 1019.