The AQA A Level Business course is a coherent, challenging and modern specification that enables students to gain a thorough grounding in what really matters in modern business. The content includes key contemporary developments such as digital technology, business ethics and globalisation. Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions – all skills that are needed for further study and employment.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Students must have achieved a minimum of Grade 4 or above in both English and Mathematics and Grade 4 (equivalent) in at least 3 other GCSE/Level 2 qualifications.
Subject Specific Requirements
No specific requirements.
What will I do?
Students on this course will study Business in a variety of contexts (e.g. Large/small, UK focused/global, service/ manufacturing) and will consider:
- The importance of the context of business in relation to decision making;
- The interrelated nature of business activities and how they affect competitiveness;
- The competitive environment and the markets in which businesses operate;
- The influences on functional decisions and plans including ethical and environmental issues;
- How technology is changing the way decisions are made and how businesses operate and compete;
- The impact on stakeholders of functional decisions and their response to such decisions.
What careers would this be suitable for?
A qualification in Business will benefit those who:
Wish to pursue higher courses of study in areas including:
- Human Resource Management;
- Sales and Marketing;
- Operations Management;
- Expect to take up careers where a Business Studies background is relevant;
- Wish to apply their entrepreneurial talents and set up and run their own business enterprise.