This qualification follows on from the combined course and is a one-year course that has been designed for the 16-19 age group and will develop the knowledge skills to prepare learners for employment as a junior beautician/beauty specialist. Learners will have their beauty therapy skills assessed in a real or realistic working environment.
Ideally students will have achieved a minimum Grade 4 or above in both English and Mathematics at GCSE. You may be given an assignment with a practical element to gain entry onto the course. Students can progress from the Level 2 Diploma into Hair & Beauty Services.
On This Course You Will Study
This qualification includes all required elements to work effectively as a junior specialist including:
- Removal hair waxing techniques;
- Apply make-up eyelash and eyebrow treatments;
- Manicure; Pedicure; Facial skincare;
- Client care; Health and safety;
- Salon reception duties.
Students must be prepared to work in a team and independently on all tasks and assignment set. You will be working with real clients, therefore excellent attendance, punctuality and a commitment to the health and safety of others is essential.
This course comprises 50% Coursework and 50% Assessment.
Progression & Careers
Career opportunities exist in a variety of contexts as a junior beautician/ beauty specialist such as:
- Working in beauty salons;
- Independent/self-employed/ mobile therapist;
- Could develop your level 2 qualification further by advancing onto a level 3 beauty therapy qualification.
Where can I find out more?
Point of contact:
Contact Anita Brown who looks after this Beauty specialist techniques course on: