This qualification is the equivalent of an A level. This course focuses on developing the skills, knowledge and understanding that will allow students to progress onto Higher Education on a health and social care-related programme such as Health Studies, Social Care Services, Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work, Teaching or Early Childhood Studies.
Students will learn by applying their skills, knowledge and understanding in tasks or activities that are relevant to what happens in health, social care and childcare workplaces. Students will also learn how to be proactive in promoting healthy lifestyles and supporting individuals within the sector. The course is a combination of coursework and examinations.
What will I do?
- Principles of Working in Health, Social Care and Childcare
- Health and Safety in Practice
- Working in a Person-Centred Way
- Working in Adult / Childcare Health and Social Care Environments
- Working with Individuals in Adult / Childcare Health and Social Care Environments
What careers would this be suitable for?
The course would lend itself to careers in the following areas:
- Primary or Secondary Education;
- Nursing – Adult, Children;
- Disability or Mental Health;
- Occupational Health
- Sports Physiotherapy;
- Health Promotion
Where can I find out more?
Point of contact:
Rebecca Gibbs14-19 Applied/Technical Qualifications Co-Ordinator and Team Leader for Health and Social Care
Contact Rebecca Gibbs who looks after this Health social care level 2 course on: