This course is equivalent in size to two A Levels. It has been designed as part of a two-year programme, normally in conjunction with one or more qualifications at Level 3. This qualification is aimed at learners looking to progress to higher education in this sector.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Students must have achieved a minimum of Grade 4 or above in both English and Mathematics and Grade 4 (equivalent) in at least 3 other GCSE/Level 2 qualifications.
Subject Specific Requirements
Grade 4 or above in Physical Education at GCSE or a Merit or above in BTEC Sport.
What will I do?
Students will study the following modules:
- Anatomy and Physiology;
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being;
- Investigating Business in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry;
- Skill Acquisition in Sport;
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry;
- Sports Leadership;
- Application of Fitness Testing;
- Practical Sports Performance;
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport.
What careers would this be suitable for?
Learners who have completed this qualification in two years may progress to further learning at Level 3 with additional Level 3 qualifications.
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers. Learners can progress to higher education on full degree single or combined courses, for example:
- BA (Hons) in Sports Development and Management;
- BSc (Hons) in Sports Management;
- BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management;
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Leisure Management;
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science (Outdoor Activities);
- BSc (Hons) in Exercise, Health and Fitness;
- BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Psychology.
Where can I find out more?
Point of contact:
Jamie SalterTeam Leader of Physical Education
Contact Jamie Salter who looks after this Sport course on: