- Select a subject
- Business Studies
- Design and Technology
- Food Preparation & Nutrition
- Imaginative Reader
- Imagine What's Possible
- Modern Languages
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Religious Studies
- Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (CoPE)
The College offers a Level 1 Diploma Construction course in Years 9 through to 11.
Students will have the opportunity to gain a BTEC qualification after three years of study. The BTEC course is predominantly hands-on and practical in nature, with a balance of project-based assignments and written theory. The course will ensure that students gain a greater understanding of basic construction skills and techniques that are essential for practical application in the working world.
Throughout students' three years of study, they will have the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life;
- Achieve a Nationally recognised Level 1 vocationally related qualification;
- Progress to employment in the Construction sector;
- Progress to related vocational qualifications.
The areas of practical application and theory based work will cover the following practical skills:
- Carpentry and Joinery;
- Painting and Decorating;