Boys & Girls:
These items are only available from the College’s uniform supplier, Price & Buckland:
- Black Blazer with College logo
- College Tie
- Black and lime polo shirt with logo
- Black and lime reversible sports top for football, rugby and hockey
The following items are available from any school uniform supplier:
- Plain black full length tailored trousers (not clinging nor made from stretch fabric)
- Plain white formal shirt with collar
- Plain black school shoes. Boots with flat soles are acceptable only if they are plain black and worn inside trousers. Trainers, canvas shoes, sandals, flip-flops or high heeled shoes are not acceptable.
- Plain black, grey or white socks
- Large bag suitable for carrying all equipment and books
- Black sports shorts
- Plain black football socks
- White sports trainers and white socks for P.E.
- Boots for football / hockey without nylon studs
- Shin pads and gum shield for hockey / football
- Towel and swimming costume
- Swimming goggles
- Girls may wear a plain black ‘A’ line or straight school skirt complying with the following regulations:
- A line or straight styles, in one continuous material
- Skirts may have pleats but not all the way around
- No additional detailing on the skirt such as zips on pockets or patches and no patterns or additional colours visible
- Skirts should be no shorter than mid-thigh length and no longer than the bottom of the knee
- The skirt should be worn with plain white, black or grey socks. Alternatively plain black tights may be worn
These items must be worn with a College blazer. They are only available from the College’s uniform supplier, Price & Buckland.
- Black College v-neck jumper with logo
- Zipped black College reversible showerproof / fleece jacket with logo
How and where to purchase
The compulsory and optional uniform items with the College logo are available to purchase online with delivery direct to your home:
- Go to Price & Buckland‘s website to register and purchase uniform. Alternatively you can order by post using an order form available from College Reception.
- Price & Buckland aim to deliver your uniform purchases within 5 working days but during the peak Summer holiday period it is advisable to order before the end of July.
- Sizing charts are available online. Uniform samples are available by appointment with College Reception to check sizing.
- Uniform is not available to purchase direct from the College.
- Support is available in the College for anyone needing assistance with accessing this service. Please ring Reception (01626 367335) during term time to arrange an appointment.
You can purchase other items of uniform without our logo from Price & Buckland or alternative schoolwear suppliers.
Please ensure all items are named.
Uniform Rules and Expectations
Our vision is for outstanding learning, achievement and behaviour for all students. Our uniform is a means of expressing this level of expectation and a way for students to express their pride in themselves and their College. We expect all students to wear their uniform correctly and with pride.
- Any student arriving in College in incomplete uniform will be sent home to change and their parents will be contacted. No student will attend lessons unless in full College uniform.
- Blazers must be worn at all times including on the way to and from College. The only exception is when students have been given specific permission:
- outdoors at break or lunchtimes
- by teachers in classrooms
- The only tops permitted to be worn under the blazer are a white shirt and College jumper.
- A dark coat may be worn over the blazer if necessary in bad weather.
- Coats, hats and scarves should be removed indoors.
- Footwear must be plain black school shoes. Trainers, canvas shoes, sandals, flip-flops or high heeled shoes are not acceptable.
- Students must wear their College ties correctly: the point of the tie must touch the waistband of the trousers or skirt, and the knot must cover the fastened top button of the shirt or blouse.
- Shirts must be worn fully tucked in.
- A single pair of small, plain, discreet earrings/studs and a watch may be worn; other Jewellery is not permitted. Face and body piercings, including tongue piercings are unacceptable. Plastic “retainers” and “stretchers” are not acceptable.
- Make up should be discreet, coloured nail polish is not permitted.
- Students should wear their hair in a manner suitable for College. The following hairstyles are not permitted:
- tram lines of any kind
- cuts shorter than a grade 3
- colours other than natural hair colours
- extreme hairstyles, for example a Mohican
- If belts are worn they should be narrow and plain black with a simple buckle. Designer logos on belts are not acceptable.
- Students must carry a large bag/rucksack which is capable of holding A4 folders and textbooks.
- Parents who are unsure whether an item of uniform or a hairstyle will be acceptable should contact the Student Support Team for clarification before purchase.
Second Hand Uniform
We have a limited range of second hand uniform available to purchase. Please contact reception for further details.