Newton Abbot College is proud of the smart appearance of its students and their uniform. Our vision is for excellence for all and in everything; our uniform is a means of expressing this level of expectation and a way for students to express their pride in themselves and their College. We expect all students to wear their uniform correctly at all times.
For more details regarding the College’s expectations (including haircut, jewellery and makeup regulations) , please refer to the Uniform Policy.
Boys and Girls
These items are only available from the College’s uniform supplier, Price & Buckland:
- Black Blazer with College logo;
- College Tie;
- Skirt with College logo;
- Shorts with College logo;
Skirts are only available to order from Price & Buckland and come in waist size 22’’, 24’’, 26’’, 28’’, 30’’, 32’’, 34’’, 36’’, 38’’ and 40”. Two lengths are available: 22” or 20”; an 18’’ skirt may only be ordered by the student’s Head of House following parental discussion and authorisation.
- Black and lime polo shirt with logo;
- Black and lime reversible sports top for football, rugby and hockey.
Other School Uniform
The following items are available from any school uniform supplier:
- Plain black full length tailored trousers (not clinging nor made from stretch fabric. Jeans material is not acceptable);
- Plain white formal shirt with collar;
- Black plain, sensible, flat, smart leather school shoes. These must be leather shoes without a rubber toecap, which can be polished and NOT leather trainers or 'pumps' eg Converse/Vans/Adidas etc. Boots, suede, canvas shoes, trainers, sandals, flip-flops or high heeled shoes are not acceptable.
- Students must only wear black ankle socks or tights. Socks/tights of other colours are not permitted.
- If belts are worn, they should be narrow and plain black with a simple buckle Designer logos on belts are not acceptable.
- Large bag suitable for carrying all equipment and books.
- Black sports shorts NO leggings;
- Plain black long football socks for rugby/football/hockey;
- Sports trainers;
- White socks;
- Football boots - mouldies or metal studs;
- Shin pads for hockey / football;
- Gum shield for hockey;
- Towel and swimming costume/swimming shorts;
- Swimming goggles.
These items must be worn with a College blazer. They are only available from the College’s uniform supplier, Price & Buckland:
- Black College v-neck jumper with logo (plain black v-neck jumpers or Performing Arts sweaters are not permitted with school uniform)
- Zipped black College reversible showerproof / fleece jacket with logo.
How do I purchase my child’s uniform?
The compulsory and optional uniform items with the College logo are available to purchase online with delivery direct to your home.
- Visit Price & Buckland‘s website to register and purchase uniform. Alternatively, orders can be submitted by post using an order form available from College Reception.
- Price & Buckland aim to deliver your uniform purchases within five working days; during the peak Summer holiday period it is advisable to order before the end of July to ensure timely delivery of uniform items.
- Sizing charts are available online. Sample sizes will be available to try on during the new students’ Induction Evening in the Summer term.
- Uniform is not available to purchase direct from the College.
- Support is available in the College for anyone needing assistance with accessing this service. Please contact Reception during term time to arrange an appointment.
Please ensure all items are named.
Student Equipment Requirements
Students are required to arrive at College with correct equipment for learning every weekday. Daily equipment checks are carried out in Tutor Time to ensure that students are prepared for lessons.
What to Bring
- A large College bag which is capable of holding A4 exercise books, folders and large text books;
- The Student Planner - Year 7 & 8 only;
- Green pen/biro
- Highlighter pens;
- 30cm ruler;
- A reading book;
- A scientific calculator;
- Glue stick
- Completed home learning tasks
- It would also be useful to have a circular protractor and a compass for Maths and Science; a small English dictionary and a small French or Spanish dictionary e.g. Collins for your language lessons.